A Cozy Mountain Chic Wedding in Beaver Creek, Colorado
From the bride, Tara: We absolutely love everything about the mountains – from skiing to mountain biking- so we knew our wedding had to be in the mountains. We wanted a location that was accessible for out of town guests and a place that had a lot to offer so they could make a vacation out of it!
We truly made our ceremony unique to us. We had a family friend read top song lyrics from each year we have been together.
The ceremony was the least planned portion of the day yet, one of my favorite parts.
We stained all the of wood and used address numbers for table numbers.
Overall, the flowers were the most amazing part of the reception.
The dessert table was a hit – everything was miniature!
For favors, we made s’mores.
We took dance lessons and tried so hard, but come to find out my dress was too long to go backwards, which was what the whole dance was based on. We looked ridiculous, but had a great time!
1. RELAX! It’s so much fun!
2. Start the process with determining how many people you want to invite so you have an idea of what venues are even possible.
3. Tell your wedding party – no gum and have your bridesmaids hold their flowers down by their waist.
4. If you want a dance party, people follow the bride so make sure you are on the dance floor!
5. Give your flowers out at the end of the night to your friends.
6. Make sure you eat before the ceremony.
Tara’s RECOMMENDED VENDORS
Photographer: Brinton Studios / Venue: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain / Florist: Cori Cook Floral Design / Linens: Alpine Party Rental / Wine Barrels: Vines at Vail Winery / Dessert: Batter Cupcakes / DJ: Yan Volodarsky, Elite DJ / Band: The Turntable Revue Duo / Day of Coordinator: Dana Cook, DC Design
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.